Saturday, April 19, 2014

False Face - Where It Ends Ep

So last night I was able to catch current U.K. hardcore heavyweights Violent Reaction and The Flex on their trek through the U.S.A.  After watching VR dispense some sick straight edge jams, I was tempted to revisit some old school (relatively, I guess) U.K. sXe HC.  False Face was a short lived band from the Northeast of England whose sole release appears to be this 7" Ep.  Recorded by the legendary Dickie Hammond (H.D.Q., Leatherface, etc.), this Ep delivers fast, melodic HC in the vein of Uniform Choice and classic Revelation bands like Gorilla Biscuits or early Ignite... I'm not certain but I think one member of False Face went on to found, along with former members of Steadfast, the almighty Voorhees.  Regardless, a great 7" for those who dig fast sXe style hardcore, even if they're drinking a cider while listening to it....

False Face - Where It Ends Ep

No comments:

Post a Comment