Sunday, November 27, 2011

V/A Counter Culture Ep

 Alright, I made it back to town from my travels abroad and it's time for more tunes.  This week's record is an international hardcore compilation 7" from 1999 which features some heavy hitters.  The "Counter Culture" comp. came out on Coalition records and has exclusive tracks from Canada's The Swarm, Japan's Slang and Swedish thrash legends D.S.-13.  I think my copy is a promo edition or something because the official version featured a different cover and came with a huge booklet that mine lacks.  Regardless, the music on this one absolutely kills.  This record features possibly my favorite two Slang tracks ever.  The Swarm and D.S.-13 rule, as usual.  Also included is an Indonesian band called The End 32 which I know very little about.  Their three songs fit right in, though, as they serve up some raw, fast, brutal hardcore.  A flawless collection of HC.

V/A Counter Culture Ep

No comments:

Post a Comment