Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gnosis - Disunion Ep

Alright, time for another band from my hometown, or close by anyways.  Gnosis were a short lived group from Raleigh, North Carolina that played some heavily Neurosis inspired noisy HC.  This 7" came out in 1994 and is their only official release, as far as I know.  As I mentioned, there is a definite early Neurosis feel to this record.  The opening track is a noisy intro which is followed by two quick HC songs and the final track is a longer, dirgy number laden with samples - not too unlike fellow North Carolinians Buzzoven.  All-in-all, a great slice of mid-90's hardcore and a hidden gem from the Southeastern USA.  Jaime from Gnosis now plays in Devour, who are great in their own right.

A side note about the blog, I'll be heading out traveling next week, so I may not be able to post again until I return in late November.  So download and enjoy and I'll be back in a few weeks with new records to share.

Gnosis - Disunion Ep

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnosis had a second 7" that came out around 1997 or so. It was a similar feel, and had 5 songs on it.

    ReplyDelete