Saturday, February 11, 2012

Word Made Flesh - s/t Ep

Here is an Ep which was requested recently, but that I'd already been planning on posting soon.  Word Made Flesh hailed from NYC and featured Jae, the powerful singer of A.P.P.L.E.  This 7" was their one and only release, out on Squat or Rot recs, and contained 5 tracks of rock influenced punk.  Similar to A.P.P.L.E., the tracks are mid-paced with much emphasis on Jae's amazing vocals.  I can also discern a bit of the NYC crust sound in the mix.  A definite anarcho-punk feel makes me think a bit of current bands like Arctic Flowers or Icon Gallery.  My favorite track, by far, is Rain Dance... a great, catchy upbeat track that recalls Dirt or Lost Cheeres.  This song alone makes the Ep for me.   

Word Made Flesh - s/t Ep

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I've listened to AGNS a lot and downloaded all the episodes (I thought so...). Now I found out, that 3 of them are missing in my collection ( 173, 174, 175 ). I've tried to get them from 'podcastdirectory.com' , but I only got an error-message. Is there a way of gettin' them at least?

    Thanks a lot, anyway.

    P.S.: Your TT-Posts are also great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Good to hear from an AGNS listener! Glad you enjoyed the old podcast. Yeah, I finally cancelled my hosting subscription after a year of not doing the podcast - the server fees were adding up and since I wasn't doing new shows it didn't make sense to keep paying to have them online. I went ahead and zipped shows 173-175 and posted them to my 4Shared account for you to download. Here is the link:
      http://www.4shared.com/zip/PEjN3z2m/agns_173_175.html
      Enjoy and thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. Sorry, but the file is only available for members!
    Some of your regular dls also...

    How about mediafire or another hoster?

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete