Sunday, January 30, 2011

Paranoia - The Many Face Of...

This week, it's time for some Bay Area Thrash... in the form of Paranoia and their one and only Lp "The Many Faces Of..."  I don't know too much about these dudes.  This record came out in 1989 on the great Alchemy Records - the same label that unleashed the first Neurosis Lp, the first Sacrilege B.C. Lp, Clown Alley, as well as some later Poison Idea and RKL records.  I found this one in a used bin a while back and bought it solely on the merit of the label.  I was pleasantly surprised when I spun the record - some great crossover thrash directly influenced by the likes of Attitude Adjustment or The Accüsed.  Not as iconic as those groups but definitely a solid record from the heyday of this sound.

Paranoia - The Many Face Of... Lp

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, & it's still alive,.. Thank you very much for sharing, appreciated. Please Keep blogging, have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I was in the band (bass). The drummer was Walter Ryan who went on to play with many other bands including Madball I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, link is still alive.z

    ReplyDelete