Sunday, October 24, 2010

Confrontation


Here's another post of some So-Cal crust - Confrontation.  This includes their two 7" Eps... "Dead Against the War" and their "1989" demo pressed on vinyl.  Dead Against the War was always my favorite... it has a great metallic, almost industrial sound to it.  One of these guys went on to form Dystopia and you can definitely see the parallel in this Ep.  The Demo 7" is more traditional crust-core - not bad at all but a very different sound from the later Ep.  There is also a Confrontation/Cantankerous split 7" out there but I've not been able to track down a copy... even a rip of it would be appreciated if someone has it.  One last note, DATW just happened to be the first release for Tribal War records... one of seminal labels of the 90s and one that will appear frequently on this blog.  Enjoy.  
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I didn't get hold of so much of the early US crust stuff (it was a lot harder back then), although I did manage to score a few classics including Aus-Rotten's first LP on Tribal War when they toured the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. insurgence was also on a great comp with a piano intro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I love that version from the Bloodless Unreality 7"! I may post that comp. soon, though I've seen it on a few other blogs already... that version of Insurgence is so creepy and twisted, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This isn't the confrontation demo. I'll post it soon, but this isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. have the Cantakerous split SOMEWHERE back at the folks house. I'll see if I can unearth it for you as so far I'm TOTALLY digging on my finds here.

    ReplyDelete