Sunday, August 24, 2014

Monsula

Here's one more early 90's Bay Area band for now... Monsula were another early Lookout! records group, but one that brought a significant DC hardcore influence to their sound.  This is most prevalent on their second LP, and final release, Sanitized.... there are some definite parallels to what Fugazi was doing at the time, but I also hear a good dose of Ignition and Soul Side, all with a Bay Area tinge.  All in all Monsula released one 7" and two LPs, all of which are included here.  The entire discography is great but my go-to record for them remains the final LP.  Check it all out below.

Monsula - Discography   

3 comments:

  1. Thanks man. These albums still blow me away. I'm glad they're here for people to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite Lookout bands, I especially love their Nickel 7"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it possible for you to re upload the Monsula and Nuisance posts?

    ReplyDelete