Saturday, February 21, 2015

Wardance Orange

All right, sorry for the delay... I was a bit under the weather last week.  Anyways, I think I'm going to stay in Richmond for a minute and post another 90's Virginia band called Wardance Orange.  I saw these guys a couple of times back in the day in my travels up and down the East Coast to see shows.  I don't know much about them but, though being relatively short-lived, Wardance Orange put on a great live set.  They only released one 7" and a split Ep and to my mind neither does their live presence justice.  Still, their self-titled Ep on Tribal War Records is a solid mid-90's hardcore record.  There's tons of influences in the music - from metallic hardcore (particularly Rorschach) to early emo (Moss Icon or Rites of Spring).  This one might be more of a "you had to be there" kind of post, but hopefully it at least provides more insight into the East Coast HC scene at the time...  Along with the self titled 7", this file includes the split Ep with Atlanta emocore band Ex Members Of...

Wardance Orange - s/t Ep and Split Ep w/ Ex Members Of... 

1 comment:

  1. I was there and I agree they were impressive live, certainly deserving of a wider audience. At least one of the members (Chuck) had played in Avail. Personally I think they had a more interesting sound than Avail.

    ReplyDelete