Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Uniform Approach - A Pledge to the Edge Ep

Here's a gem that a friend of mine asked me to send him files of recently, so I decided to publish the link for general consumption on the blog... Uniform Approach was a one-off side project of U.K. hardcore legends Heresy and Ripcord and was a less than serious homage to U.S. straight-edge HC that so influenced both bands.  These songs were recorded as a demo in 1989 but didn't see a proper release until 2004.  The music isn't too far removed from their full-time bands, particularly Ripcord, but the lyrics are jocular riffs on stereotypical sXe themes... songs about X'ing up, protecting your bros and other posi topics.  I'm also a sucker for this style and along with Heresy and Ripcord being top faves, this EP is right up my alley and a must for those into hyper speed hardcore punk.

Uniform Approach - A Pledge to the Edge Ep
   

9 comments:

  1. Being a fan of ripcord/heresy, im a little surprised i didn't know about this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for some reason it doesnt open :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link or the .ZIP file? Just tested both on my end and no problem...Anyone else having trouble?

      Delete
  3. Hi Mike, this is my first comment here. Thanks a lot for Uniform Approach, I was looking to hear something but these songs aren't on other site.
    Would be great if you can scan the artwork.

    The blog is awesome, you posted some rare gems like Scorched Earth Policy, Frail, With Intent, Iron Columns and Stealing the Pocket comps, etc.
    I will check this regularly :)

    Cheers from Argentina and apology my English haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ricardo! Thanks for the kind words and glad you dig the blog! I will try and scan all the Uniform Approach artwork for you soon... I will post a link in the comments here when I get the chance. Take care and keep checking back...

      Delete
    2. Hey Ricardo... got the UA scans. Unfortunately there is very little info on the record, I scanned the back cover and only side of the record with any info (there are no inserts or anything). Hope this helps!
      https://mega.co.nz/#!6MkxRJAI!uCmeoxCehwCN0znDxoAZ0Xr0q3KKu7D2Yy8guuop3TI

      Delete
  4. Cool, looking forward to hearing this, being sXe who is very open to jokes about the 'scene' and a big fan of late 80s UKHC!

    ReplyDelete