Sunday, February 19, 2012

Firing Squad - s/t Ep

This week I've got another 7" from a short lived band that I have little information on.  Firing Squad's one and only release came out on Mass Media Records in California.  Aside from the lyrics and label address, there is no other band info on this record so I don't know where or even when these folks are from.  I believe, from my record collecting timeline, that this came out in the early 90s.  Anyways, these two songs have a very distinct reggae meets anarcho punk-punk sound.  This one really would fit in with the UK dub punk sound of the time - bands like Culture Shock, Rhythm-ites, AOS3 or RDF.  A more recent comparison would be The Autonomads.  The lyrics are definitely anarcho inspired and the punk parts remind me Conflict.  Both songs are great and have always left me wanting to hear more.

Firing Squad - s/t Ep

No comments:

Post a Comment