Sunday, August 21, 2011

Naturecore - With Love... Wish You Were Here! Ep

Here's another record I was finally able to track down on my recent trip to Europe... in a little record shop in Brussels.  I've wanted to get my hands this Naturecore 12" forever!  Back in college a friend put this record on a mix tape for me and I've been looking for it since.  Almost got my hands on it on Ebay several times but with the discovery in Brussels I was able to seal the deal.

Naturecore was a short lived Southern California anarcho-punk band from the mid 80s.  This 12" Ep was released on No Master's Voice records in 1986, though it was recorded in 1984.  The songs feature strong male/female trade off vocals over proto-crusty HC - somewhere between Dirt and Antischism if you ask me... a bit head of it's time I think.  The lyrics are strongly anarcho influenced, and deal with animal rights, exploitation of Native Americans, etc.  The combination leads me to see Naturecore as a direct influence on the coming peace punk/crust scene in the USA - Antischism, Nausea, Mankind?, etc.  Check it out for yourself...


Naturecore - With Love... Wish You Were Here! 12"

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I have a comp with them on it and had wondered what else they had done. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice to see you enjoyed it. I`ve been meaning to release it on CD for some time, but have been involved in other projects. Someday!!
    Now I`m living in Chile, play Turkish music, and occasionally play some punk, but not much.
    Ren (the ex guitarist). You can find my current Turkish ensemble at FB "Selam CL"

    ReplyDelete