Sunday, March 4, 2012

Deviated Instinct - Nailed Ep

OK, back to one of my favorite times and places for punk/HC... the late 80s in the U.K.  Here is the Nailed 12" by the class of the early stench core/crust scene, in my book - Deviated Instinct.  This Ep was their final release before calling it quits in the early 90s.  This record was the only one from their early period omitted from the Welcome to the Orgy discography CD... not sure why.  As far as I know, it's never been re-released.  Anyways, for those in the know, Nailed picks up where Gutteral Breath left... mid-tempo (no pun intended), crushing metal riffs and vocals from hell.  As much as I love early D.I., I've always dug Mid's vocals and the slower, heavy sound that they cultivated after the first Lp. 

Like I said, after this Ep Deviated Instinct called it quits and Mid & Snapa went to do buy a drum machine and do Spinewrench and then Bait.  D.I. reunited in 2007 and has been gigging around Europe for the past few years.  Part of the reason I'm posting this one is that I just got my tickets and sorted out the details to go see D.I., along with a ton of other awesome bands at Chaos in Tejas in May... so stoked. 

Deviated Instinct - Nailed Ep

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, thanks for the kind words.
    The reason NAILED wasn't on the 'Welcome to the Orgy' cd was just a time thing I think. I don't think there would have been room. I would have also liked to have included the two tracks from the 'Hiatus' comp lp, Scarecrow II and Among Friends as for me they were my favourite D.I recordings from the first time around.
    Anyway be sure to come say hi at Chaos in Tejas, should be a fun night for sure.
    Cheers
    Mid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you Mid! Thanks for the explanation on why Nailed was left off Welcome to the Orgy... I need to get that Hiatus comp.! Haven't heard those tracks you mentioned. I'll definitely be on the lookout at Chaos and will say "hi". Thanks again!

      Delete